Things have definitely gone a lot slower than what we originally planned but everyone warned us of that before we got started so it's nothing we weren't expecting. We originally thought we'd be in around Thanksgiving - now it's looking more like the end of the year. Brett and I are just rolling with what we've got at this point. We just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and where that light is, there's a new house waiting for us to raise a family in. We can't wait.
So, what's been going on these last few months? Here's what has gotten accomplished:
- New HVAC unit installed (including all new duct work throughout house)
- New wiring
- New Plumbing
- New subflooring in kitchen and both bathrooms
- Wall cut between den and kitchen (probably my favorite thing thus far!)
- Closet removed in guest bedroom to expand master shower
- Drywall up and prepped for tile
- 13 pine trees removed from front and back yard (ready for that driveway we may never pour...)
So it may not look like a whole lot but between inspections and just the tedious nature of what they were doing, it just took awhile. Not to mention it's just hard to see progress when most of what they are working on is behind walls and under the floor.
Progress should be moving a long much quicker now with some fun updates to share moving forward. By this time next week, all our kitchen cabinets should be in which I am seriously SO excited about!!
In the meantime, here are some progress pictures I've taken on my phone: