Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A few new purchases!

Haven't had to much to update on the house recently. We are in what some call the "important" phase of renovating but I just call it the "boring" phase. Plumbing, electrical and HVAC. I know all this stuff will come in mighty handy down the road but I'm ready for some of the fun stuff to start back up! Maybe in a week or so.

In the meantime, I'm trying to start doing some of the essential purchases for the house including (but not limited to):
- Smoke Detectors
- Light Switch/Electrical Covers
- Lights: hall, entry, outside, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, dining room.
- Toilets
- Bath faucets
- Doorknobs
- Kitchen Sink
- Kitchen Faucet
- Blinds

Hopefully this weekend we can go ahead and knock out a bunch of these items with a trip to Home Depot and Lowes but I did do a bit of online purchasing today.

Foyer Light: This will be right when you walk in the front door.

I knew I wanted a light just like this for the foyer so this was an easy purchase! 

Hallway: We will have 2 of these going down our main hallway. I'm interested to see how far down they hang. There is another version that sit closer to the ceiling that I may end up having to get (these are the problems you have when your husband is 6'5"). 
The hallway will be a grey/pewter color so while the doorknobs will be oil-rubbed bronze, I like the brushed nickel for these lights. We are also using the brushed nickel fixtures in our bathrooms so we will have a mix in the house. 

Doorknobs: We just had some friends order all new doorknobs and hinges from Amazon so I went and checked them out and found some I really liked. I just ordered 1 of each for now to see how we like them. (and by one of each I mean 1 privacy knob for bedrooms and baths, 1 closet knob and 1 dummy knob for our linen closets). 
I knew I wanted to use the oil-rubbed bronze doorknobs in the house. They just look so clean and updated and I love the oval shape of these! 

So we have a long way to go with purchasing but we are getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment