Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Husband's Delight

Don't let the name fool you, this recipe is every one's delight. My mom used to make this all the time when we were kids and I had kind of forgotten about it until this week. I decided that I would make some sort of casserole on Sunday for dinner so we could freeze half of it to eat off at a later date. After going through my recipes I found this one and knew I had to make it. It was honestly even better than I remembered (and was even better heated up on day 2). It reminds me a lot of a baked spaghetti but more savory than the sweetness you sometimes get with baked spaghetti. I also used all low fat ingredients and it didn't hinder the taste one bit. I just divided everything in half and made 2 smaller square pans and wrapped one up and stuck it in the freezer... 4 nights worth of meals for about 30 minutes of cook time, I'll take it!


Husband's Delight
*Serves about 8
  • 2lbs ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 - 12oz can tomato paste
  • 1 - 16oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1 pkg grated cheddar cheese
  • 8oz package of egg noodles
Brown the meat and onion and drain. Add tomato sauce, paste, salt, sugar and garlic salt. Let simmer slowly while cooking noodles according to the package. Mix cream cheese with sour cream and set aside. In casserole dish (either 1 9x12 or 2 smaller square pans) layer noodles, meat, sour cream mixture and repeat, topping it off with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 300 for about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally making this when the new kitchen is in!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete