Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recent Happenings!

So I realize it has been almost 2 weeks since the last post. Sorry for that. Had no idea I was in such high demand for those of you bored at work (*cough* Nick *cough*).

So, a few things to catch up on...

- We enjoyed a great Easter weekend at my Grandmother's. Unfortunately, I was sick the whole weekend so spent most of it laying down in front of the TV (sort of a perfect weekend for it though).

- That sickness went on for another week and turned into what the doc thinks was the flu. My entire floor at work came down with it last week and we had tons of people out sick. To the point where they brought in a cleaning crew one night to disinfect the entire area. yikes!

- Tomorrow we leave for New Orleans for a long weekend! My friends Kennon and Mary are getting married out there on Saturday so we have a big crew heading that way to celebrate! This is my first time going to New Orleans so I'm super excited. It's also the French Quarter festival this weekend there so we should be able to enjoy some awesome live jazz music and eat some great food!

- Speaking of weddings... the season has officially arrived and we have 4 weddings over the course of the next 5 weekends. It will be busy but so worth it! We are so excited to celebrate such a special time in all our friend's lives!

- Brett and I have set the date to join our church in Columbia for April 28th. We are so excited about this new step in our lives and can't wait to call this place home. We did find out this week that the senior minister will be leaving in June to go to another church and while we are sad about him leaving, we still feel good about our decision to join this particular church.

- Last but certainly not least, today is National Sibling Day so of course I have to give a huge shout out to my big brother! Love you Big Bro!! Boy do I wish you lived closer so we could hang out more but having you away only makes me appreciate the time we get to spend together even more! Here's to many more years of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment