Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Year One

A year ago today I was walking into the doors of Colonial Life for the first time (as an employee). After only working at one other company since college, I was completely terrified of starting a new job with new people and all new responsibilities. I remember saying to myself over and over, "I just can't wait until I've been here a year and actually feel comfortable with my surroundings." Well, a year has actually passed and I have survived!

I couldn't be more happy with where I ended up. I have found a company that really understands the work/life balance that I oh so needed. I work with wonderful, caring people. I have met some great friends. I get to work on completely new and different projects than my past. All of this and hardly any stress! Now, do I go to work every day 100% passionate about what I do? Heck no! It's work! But, I am so very fortunate to have found such a wonderful company to work for and am truly blessed to be here!

(Brett would insert in here, "Here's to many, many, many more years!" - I will just leave it at, "Here's to a few more good years!" haha)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on surviving your first year :). I hope you have more enjoyable years there, you never know where you will end up or if you'll just stay there for years (Hey, October will be 5 years for me at ACS, never thought I'd be there that long). Glad that you like your job and enjoy working it, it really does make going to work easier to actually like it!

    ReplyDelete