Friday, November 16, 2012

The Friday Five: 11/16/12

Another week, another Friday, another fabulous weekend ahead! Definitely lots to be excited for today!

1. Christmas Music on the radio! There are a lot of negative people out there complaining about how soon department stores have their Christmas decorations out or why the radio has Christmas music already on. To that I say Bah Humbug! I couldn't be more excited about the Christmas music on and it just put me in an even better mood heading into work this morning. Even better, I finally have a car with satellite radio which means even more Christmas music stations for my listening pleasure.

7 Full stations dedicated to my favorite time of year!
  
2. Lake Lure/College BFFs. The second the clock strikes 5:00, we are hitting the road to Lake Lure for the weekend. My friend Lauren's parents own a house on Lake Lure and they graciously let us use it from time to time. We always have the BEST time up there. If you have never been to Lake Lure you must go. The perfect mix of mountains and water - beautiful. Just can't wait for some hot tub time, fire pit chats, mimosas and college football. It's going to be a perfect weekend with best friends for sure!



3. Short work week(s). There is nothing better than a short work week... except when you have 2 short work weeks in a row! Next week is only a 2 day work week because of  Thanksgiving and then the following week we head to Atlanta for a law conference Brett has to go to (I will simply be enjoying sleeping in, coffee in bed, shopping and good meals).

4. Cookies on a Stick. It's a cookie, on a stick, with a hidden snickers inside - the famous "Cookies on a Stick" - my mom's specialty. I was very excited when I received a text from her earlier this week saying she was going to make a batch to send with us to Lake Lure. All of my friends in college love a cookie on a stick and they have become a staple for any get together. I even used these to ask my bridesmaids to be in the wedding...



5. Dogless week: Something I'm definitely not excited about but worth noting is that Brett and I will be dogless for over a week! Tonight as we drive through Greenville we are dropping the pup off at the "grandparents" house to stay with them through Thanksgiving. We have no idea what we will do without our little man around but I'm sure he will be treated like royalty. I had to get some extra snuggles in last night and this morning though... boy will I miss this face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment