Friday, November 2, 2012

The Friday Five: 11/2/12

Five (very) random thoughts...

1. Last night Brett and I went and saw the movie Argo and it was amazing! Seriously, drop whatever you are doing and go see this movie! And to our surprise Coach Taylor (from Friday Night Lights) aka Kyle Chandler was also in the movie. So with that you really should go see it.

2. This weekend is all about the bathroom. I'm hoping to get the pre-paint prep work done tonight, paint the primer tomorrow morning (before we head to Summerville for a wedidng) then paint it Sunday. With us only having 1 bathroom, this could be challenging but hopefully it will all go smoothly and get done! I can't wait to see how it turns out. We are going from chocolate brown to a nice soothing grey.

3. We just booked our room for New Orleans today!! Some of our friends are getting married down there in April so we are making a vacation out of it and going down Thursday-Sunday. This will be my first trip to the big easy (that's what they call it, right??) so I'm really excited! And the fact that we are going with a big group of friends will make it even better! Can't wait!

4. I've been staring at this recipe for Lasagna Soup for over a year now and haven't ever made it so I'm going to try to finally take a stab at it this weekend... we shall see.

5. T-Swift... still #1. I've probably purchased 2 actual cds in the last 10 years... both of which have been Taylor Swift's. I've had a few days to listen to her new one and I love it. Sure, judge as you wish but I'm a big fan. They also just announced her 2013 tour which happens to be stopping in Columbia on March 23rd. May have to steal somebody's teenage daughter to go with me...

Also, given that it is November I thought it would be good to share something I am thankful for at the end of each post I write this month. So, today I am thankful for beautiful South Carolina weather. In light of the events of "Sandy" this week, having a few days of good weather is definitely something to be thankful for! It is a perfect 75 degrees today and I can't wait to get home, have a cocktail and throw something on the grill for dinner.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment