Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash

Has anybody ever cook with spaghetti squash before? This seems like such an interesting concept to me and I've been wanting to try it out for awhile now and think I might take the plunge after finding these 2 recipes. Basically, if you bake the squash then cut it open, the insides can be scooped out to resemble spaghetti but a much healthier alternative to pasta.

Here are 2 recipes I've found - let me know if you have any others you have tried that were successful!


Skinny Spaghetti Squash Alfredo







3 comments:

  1. We eat it at least once a week now, its awesome! I've found that an easier way to cook it is to leave it whole and stab a knife into it. Put it in a dish and in the oven until its soft enough to squeeze with your hand without much effort. Then you just cut it in half (the opposite of lengthwise - widthwise?), use some tongs to twist & lift out the seeds then just continue using the tongs to pull out the strands. Cooks perfectly that way every time for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank girl! I'm excited to try it out... might be texting you with questions though since you seem to be an expert on it! :)

      Delete
  2. Those recipes look really good, I want to try spaghetti squash too, I have had it a time or two at restaurants but never cooked it. I bet it's a great pasta replacement!

    ReplyDelete