Friday, August 31, 2012

Single greatest Pinterest tip to date!

How many of you love the Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip??? Of those people, who just hates making it due to the annoyance of cooking/shredding the chicken? If your hand is still raised, keep reading... If you've never had it (shame!) the recipe is below!

This dip is a staple with our group of friends and made by at least 1 person for each football game or party. Now, I know you can make this with pre-cooked/shredded chicken but lets face it, it isn't nearly as good! So any time I decide to make it I usually cook and shred the chicken the day before, stick it in the fridge and when I'm ready for it, I can just throw it all together.

Some of you may be thinking "Is shredding chicken REALLY that bad??" and the answer is, "YES!". And I usually avoid any recipes that involve this process until now!

I saw this post on Pinterest a few weeks back and finally tried it out the other night and low and behold it worked!! (I think my husband questioned who he had married after my crazy excitement over this nifty little trick!)

So, all you do is cook your chicken breasts (I just boil them), throw those puppies into your Stand Mixer with the paddle attachment (while they are still hot), turn that bad boy on to about 3-4 speed and in less than 10 seconds you have completely, perfectly shredded chicken! I mean, COME ON - how cool is that?? So bring on the chicken tacos, chicken salad and any other shredded chicken recipes, I'm in it to win it now!





Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

- 1 Package of 3 large chicken breasts - boiled and shredded  (I boil about 30 min with salt and pepper and onion if you want)
- 1 large bottle of Franks hot sauce (you can use the wing sauce or the regular hot sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 jar of blue cheese dressing (the one in the produce section - Marie's is the brand)

Spread cream cheese on bottom of 9 by 12 dish.  Mix chicken, cheese, hot sauce and put on top of cream cheese.  Top with blue cheese.  Heat in oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment