Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend and Special Friends

Is there anything better than a long weekend spent at the beach with some of your favorite people? Nope, didn't think so. This past weekend we headed to Edisto to spend Labor Day Weekend with my parents and our favorite beach-going friends, the Hetricks. My Aunt Nancy and Uncle Bo have had a place down in Edisto for a number of years and for as long as I can remember, we have spent Labor Day with their family in Edisto. (Btw, some people find it odd that I have so many "Aunts and Uncles" that aren't my "blood" aunts and uncles but to me, they are just simply my family and I guess I'm just extra lucky to have them in my life!)

Considering my mom and my Aunt Nancy have been best friends since they were little girls, it's safe to say they have a pretty special bond but it doesn't stop there! Our dad's our best friends, the "kids" are best friends (and have all been in each other's weddings with Meagan's coming up in January!), and now even our husbands have that special bond that is so exciting to see! We talked this weekend about how lucky we are to be as close as we are given the fact that we have all lived 3 hours apart our entire lives but that hasn't stopped our families from spending numerous family vacations, beach trips and Gamecock football games together throughout the years. And now that I am in Columbia and just down the street from Aston, her husband and son (albeit, a 30 minute drive down the street), I foresee even more family fun in store for the Hetricks and the Wills for the years to come!

This year's labor day trip was certainly no disappointment and I so look forward to the next time we can all get together!

Scroll for a few pics I captured on my phone from the weekend!

Saw an amazing sunset as we crossed the bridge onto the island.

The site upon arrival to the house. Best buds for sure!

Enjoyed some quiet time on the beach.
While watching this one play. Doesn't get any cuter people!
Spent a little time on the boat.
Even got Brett to show us his skiing skills.
Ate some seriously good food.
Played a few priceless rounds of this game.
Had some last minute cuddle time with sweet Mills before heading home.
And poor Brinkley had to miss out on all the fun while at the kennel. In case you can't see, he is the black blob in the top looking as pitiful as ever.


Hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment