Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's a CRAZY Christmas...

…and I couldn’t be more excited about it!! This Christmas brings a lot of firsts for me; First Christmas as a married couple, First Christmas I’ve lived away from Greenville, First Christmas we are hosting TWO family get-togethers. I just have a half-day at work on Thursday then I am off until the 27th! We have so much going on over the next few days but I am about to BURST with excitement over it all!! It really is the greatest time of the year!

Here is a breakdown of our Christmas Vacation:

Friday: Off work but spending all day cleaning and cooking to get ready for our visitors.
Friday night: My brother flies into Columbia from Denver and my parents arrive in town from Greenville. We havare having dinner at a new restaurant in Columbia called the Oak Table and can’t wait to try it out. I also have to mention this is the longest it has been since I’ve seen my brother (even when he was living overseas in Europe) so I can’t wait to hug his neck!
Saturday: The rest of my mom’s side of the family arrives (Grandma, Aunt, Uncle and 2 cousins) for our family Christmas. It is now pretty convenient that Brett and I live in Columbia since it is exactly half-way for the family to gather. We are grilling steaks, opening presents and maybe closing out the night with some smores. This is the first time my whole family will see our house so it will be a great night.
Sunday Morning: We head to Greenville!! Given this being the first Christmas away from “home” I’m more excited than ever to be in town for a few days.
Sunday Night: We have a big family/friend Oyster Roast at my parent’s house to celebrate mine and Brett’s birthdays (mine the 29th, his the 26th) as well as welcome John into town.
Monday: Church and Christmas Eve party (more on that later)
Tuesday: CHRISTMAS MORNING!!! (again, more on that later)
Wednesday: Brett’s Birthday!! We will head back to Columbia where we will meet his family (Dad, Brother, Sister-in-Law and her son) and have our Christmas and Brett’s birthday dinner.

Whoooo! Did you get all that?? Like I said, craziness but all so much fun!! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and don’t forget why we celebrate this time of year! Merry Christmas all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment