Friday, December 7, 2012

The Friday Five: 12/7/12

It's been awhile since I've done a Friday Five post because well, it's been awhile since I've actually been home on a Friday/weekend. We have had a crazy few weeks with 2 trips to NC and 1 to GA we are happy to have a weekend at home to relax and finish Christmas shopping. So with that, here are 5 things I'm thinking about this Friday morning:

1. Baby Roy: As I got into my car this morning to drive to work I got a text from a good friend that she and her husband were on the way to the hospital to welcome their son into the world. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Saying a little prayer that they have a smooth delivery and a happy, healthy baby boy and momma sometime today!

2. Christmas Cards: We mailed off our very first Christmas cards as a married couple this week and I am so excited to share them next week!

3. Christmas Shopping: Last weekend Brett had a conference in Atlanta so while he was in seminars I headed over to Lenox mall and got a ton of Christmas shopping complete. This weekend we have mapped out the rest of our stops and should be done with the buying this weekend! Then on to the wrapping...

4. Friends: One of my good friends, Laura Anne sent this picture to myself and our other friend Ashley last night and it just makes me smile. The 3 of us (and our other friend Allie) were so close when we all lived in Greenville right after college. Then it just so happened that all 4 of us got married and moved to separate cities/states (Columbia, Birmingham, Atlanta and Charleston). We don't get to see each other often but we will always share a very special friendship from those first years out of college as "adults".


5. Hall Rug: I mentioned previously about the search for my hall rug and the continued back order notifications I've gotten. Well, the day had finally arrived that it should be shipped. Fingers crossed I don't get yet another one of those back order emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment