Monday, February 11, 2013

In One Week...

... marks our 1-year anniversary! That's 365 days since we've been married and I've officially been a resident of Columbia. It really is amazing how quickly this past year has flown by! I think the first few months went by in a total blur. Between moving, getting settled, writing thank you letters, having my best friend from college's wedding and oh... looking for a job we just kind of got through it. But now I'm settled in my new job, our house finally feels like our home and we are about to join a church so I think it's safe to say we've settled in nicely to married life!

So, to walk down memory lane (and to selfishly put this stuff on here for posterity sake) the next week's posts will be dedicated to our wedding - So feel free to just ignore the next few posts and come back next week! :)

Let's start with our engagement.

Brett told me we were going to go to Georgetown and Pawley's Island for a weekend away (his family is from down there so I didn't think anything of it). He had been talking about this restaurant The Rice Patty forever so made reservations for us to eat there on Friday night. Well, as we walked to dinner we weren't 2 minutes on our way when he dropped to one knee. After he popped the question, we went to dinner, tried to soak it all in and then spent the rest of the night making calls to all our friends! It was such a fun night/weekend!



Of course the next day I made him take me to get wedding magazines... and he got a travel book for the honeymoon.

The next day - where he proposed the night before.

Where we stayed in Georgetown.

As soon as we pulled into Columbia these 2 were there ready to celebrate with us! Back story - Brett and I went on our first date with these ladies and their husbands so it was so fun to celebrate with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment