Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yes, but what does it mean??

So I figured it was about time I explain the meaning behind the blog name. Short answer: Van Morrison’s Warm Love was the song Brett and I danced to at our wedding. But, since this deserves a bit more credit – keep reading…

My favorite picture from our first dance. Think it totally captures us in the moment!
I remember one time when Brett and I were just dating this song came on a cd he had playing in the car and he told me that this was the song he wanted to dance to at his wedding. I remember this because (being a typical girl) I couldn’t help but think to myself “hmmm, he wouldn’t tell me this unless he thought that he might dance to this at OUR wedding one day…” And low and behold, we did about 2 years later. Surprisingly though, Brett didn’t go straight to this song when I gave him the task of choosing our first dance song. He actually narrowed it down to these choices:
-          Dave Matthews Band: You and Me Together
-          Van Morrison: Warm Love
-          Don Henley’s version of: Come Rain or Come Shine
*I think there was a Lionel Richie song in the mix too but can’t remember which one.

All great songs but we ultimately went back to his very first choice of Warm Love. It had all the things we wanted in a first dance song; great lyrics, catchy so we could sing along (we weren’t into the whole awkward stare into each other’s eyes while everyone watches – we wanted to have fun as well!), and something that wasn’t overused.

So, that’s where the title of the blog came from. Short and sweet and something that means a lot to me (and Brett). If you have never heard the song, I’ve put the youtube link below so you can!


And a few more First Dance pics:
Having some fun.

And being sweet. Best of both worlds, as it should be!

1 comment:

  1. I love the wedding pics (of course, I enjoyed looking at them all in the album a few weeks ago). That's a pretty cool story behind the song and why you decided to name your blog Warm Love :).

    ReplyDelete