Monday, October 8, 2012

Food Survey

I found this little food survey on another blog and figured I would give it a go for an easy Monday post. Because who doesn't want to read about my food preferences and habits?? Yeah, I thought so...



Breakfast
Favorite cereal as a child? Hands down, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Man that stuff was heaven. Recently I was keeping my cousins and they had some for breakfast and even though I had already eaten and wasn’t even hungry, I had to pour myself a bowl… and of course drink the cinnamon infused milk after.  

Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
Coffee All.The.Way. Have to have at least a cup every morning. I drink mine with sugar free creamer – usually French vanilla or hazelnut.

The one food you eat most often at breakfast.
Honestly, I don’t eat breakfast (see coffee note above). But, if I do it’s a bagel or muffin from Starbucks or Dunkin as I pick up a cup of coffee on my way into work. However, breakfast for dinner is a weekly staple in our household and then we have the works: grits, biscuits, eggs, bacon/sausage/country ham.

Lunch
Sandwiches are usually considered lunch food. If you had to choose from a grilled cheese sandwich or a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick? Man, this is a hard one but I think I have to go with grilled cheese. One of our favorite (and most used) wedding gifts is our grilled cheese maker. Thing rocks!

You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
Greens: Love the crunchiness of romaine but I’m really not picky.
Four ingredients: cheese (feta is at the top of that list), something crunchy (either croutons or sunflower seeds), cucumbers and broccoli
Dressing: ranch for sure (especially since I put ranch on practically everything).

One food you cannot live without at lunch.
Diet Drink – I try not to drink sodas too often but I’ve got to have that little bit of caffeine towards the middle of the day.

Dinner
It's the end of the day. You're tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
Chick-fil-A. In fact, there are times when I eat there multiple times in 1 day. And it is usually a #1 with a diet Dr. Pepper (with some chick-fil-a sauce).

TV/Computer on or off while you are eating?
Sadly, the TV is on every night during dinner. Brett and I don’t eat dinner until later at night so we always plop down in front of the TV to catch whatever show we watch together that night while we eat. I know when we have a family one day we will advocate eating at the table with no TV, however for now it works for us this way.

The one food you eat most often at dinner.
We switch it up a good bit but I would have to say chicken just because you can cook it so many different ways. However, we eat a lot of asparagus too (strange, I know but it’s just so easy!).

Dessert
Choose between two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie. Cheesecake… especially my mom’s recipe! I tried making it myself when we had our dads over for dinner for Father’s Day and it just wasn’t the same as mom’s but I hope to perfect it soon… which means lots of cheesecake in our future!

Choose between two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain). Can I choose crème brulee instead?? No? Then I guess Tiramisu. There is a place in Greenville called The Lazy Goat who used to have this awesome tiramisu dessert where they have these little bite sized balls of deliciousness for each layer of the tiramisu. So yum!

Ice cream: cone or cup. Cone, especially the waffle variety

No comments:

Post a Comment