Friday, October 19, 2012

Let us wear jeans!

In my previous life in advertising our dress code was "client appropriate" as in, wear whatever you want to wear to work unless you are seeing clients, then dress to their usual dress code. So my week would start off by wearing a nice pair of jeans, heels, a cute top and by the end of the week it was ratty jeans, flip flops and a tshirt (yes, sometimes the old sorority function shirts came out). In my new life in the corporate world there is a strict no jeans policy... except for the few times a year we have a jeans day - like today!



So this begs the question, "Why can't we wear jeans to work?" Most of my time is spent sitting in a cubicle working at my computer so why do I have to dress up every day to do that? I understand the "client/meeting appropriate" and if you have a big meeting/presentation/client visit then yes, by all means you need to look your best but for the other 90% of the time, why not wear what you want and be comfortable?

Let's face it, jeans aren't just for the Marlboro Man and construction workers anymore. These days women dress up jeans more and more (and probably spend more money on them than dress pants). So why not wear them to work?

I enter in my evidence:

Nothing is dressier than a pair of these trouser jeans.

Work jeans
Source

You can even do a cute pair of skinny jeans and dress it up with a fun blouse and cardigan.
Pinned Image
source


This look would be a great look paired with a black blazer.
Pinned Image
Source

Love this look for winter!

Pinned Image
Source


And of course Princess Kate can do no wrong! She knows how to dress up a pair of jeans!
Source

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment