Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Spaghetti

So last week I posted about our weekly menu. For the most part we stuck to it but due to an unexpected work trip a few things fell off the menu. However, one thing that did not also happens to be one of my favorite recipes so wanted to share it! This is one of the first recipes I really tried to cook. I can't remember the very first time I made it but I'm sure it was a disaster turned out great!

I do remember the first time I made this for Brett though. When we first started dating Brett did ALL the cooking. Seriously, I think the first thing he ever bought for me was a little grill for my house. I am so thankful to have a man who loves to cook and is happy to cook however, after awhile I figured it was time I step it up and cook the man a meal. Enter: Baked Spaghetti.

It's definitely one of those meals that dirties almost every bowl in your house but it is seriously so easy to make. It also makes a HUGE amount of food so what I typically do if I'm just cooking for the 2 of us is split the original recipe in half (the original is actually a double) then split that into 2 small square pans so that you can put one in the freezer for another time. It freezes really well but just takes forever to thaw so plan ahead when you pull it out to cook.

Baked Spaghetti
Serves - A lot! (this is a double recipe so I typically split this in half)
16oz of spaghetti
2 jars of cabernet marinara sauce
2 jars of alfredo sauce
2 packs of 6 cheese Italian shredded cheese
1 pack of shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion (chopped)
2 lbs of ground beef

Cook ground beef and drain then add in the chopped onion and cabernet marinara sauce. Cook spaghetti and drain (I keep a little water on it to keep it from sticking together while you are layering everything in the pan).
Layer in Pan:
Beef Mixture
Noodles
Alfredo
Cheese
Repeat
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment