Friday, January 25, 2013

The Friday Five: 1/25/13

I'm really trying to get back on a more regular blogging schedule so hopefully these posts won't be as sporadic as they have been! We've got another relaxing weekend ahead at home; date night tonight, house cleaning, laundry, lunch with a good friend tomorrow and church. Nothing too exciting which suits me just fine! :)

So... 5 random thoughts I'm having on this very cold Friday:

1) I just read a great book called "Before I Go To Sleep". It was one of those books that you literally can't put down. A few weeks ago we drove to my grandma's house after work for the weekend and I read that whole way down there and when we got to her house I was only a few pages until the end and had to sit in the car until I was done before going inside... that good, people! Must read!



2) "Prayers for Izzy": This is a Facebook group started by a couple from SC (I was at USC at the same time as the mom but didn't know her personally) who had twins a few months back and one of them, Izzy, became very sick and has been having special treatments up in Cincinnati since her birth. Her parents have been so brave and strong in their faith through this entire journey but the next 24 hours are very critical for Izzy and while I do not know these people personally I can't help but pray for little Izzy today.


3) New shoes never hurt anybody, right? I got these for Christmas but they were too small so we had to order a new pair and they came in this week! While it is 30 degrees outside my feet are definitely ready for our trip to Puerto Rico in a few weeks (4 weeks and counting!!). (Just need to update that grey polish to a bright red and we will be all set!)


4) A coworker has at her desk a sign that says "Cube Sweet Cube" which is so true. I work in a grey cube farm and thought it was bad until they decided to add even more cubes to our floor this week... yall, talk about some close quarters!!


5) Stuffed Peppers: I have been dying to make this recipe for weeks now and it just hasn't happened. Last Saturday we planned on making them but drug our feet and didn't decide to start cooking until about 7:30 and then looked at the recipe and realized it took 2 1/2 hours to cook them so that was scratched and we made grilled cheese sandwiches instead. Hopefully this weekend we will finally try this recipe out! Don't they look awesome???


So there ya have it! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Stay warm!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girly- I do not miss cubicles AT ALL! I had mine decorated with all my race numbers when I worked at the office so at least it wasn't gray. They made a rule that we couldn't decorate the outsides of them though, bleh!

    I love your new shoes, can't wait until you get to wear them. It's cold right now but you'll get lots of use out of them in a few months when it warms up. Or even next week, it's supposed to warm up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete